Why the opportunity exists
Inverness Chamber of Commerce is the region’s leading business organisation with a growing and active membership. This is an exciting time for Inverness Chamber of Commerce as we continue to grow our service offering and project delivery for the benefit of our membership and to help in the development of the region’s business community. Inverness Chamber of Commerce exists to connect, support and represent our members and businesses across the Highlands.
Inverness Chamber of Commerce plays a key lobbying and campaigning role, as well as providing a full range of services and events for our members, including our Highlands & Islands Export Partnership which provides technical and export support services. We also host the DYW Inverness & Central Highland Programme aimed at bringing the region’s educational providers and employers together to meet the needs of our young people.
Following the recent announcement that our current Chief Executive will be stepping down in May 2023, we are seeking to appoint an appropriate successor to lead the organisation. This key position reports to the President and Board of Inverness Chamber of Commerce and is a substantive role, which is responsible for representing the organisation and its members externally and setting out and ensuring operational delivery of the organisational strategy.
What’s on offer and who we seek
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a well-established, growing business, working in a collaborative environment with a close, supportive team. Inverness Chamber of Commerce plays a key role in the Scottish Chamber network and is one of 53 Chambers accredited to British Chambers of Commerce.
We are a relatively small yet dynamic organisation, with an excellent reputation and a long-term strategy with full support and backing of the Board.
The successful candidate will possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, honed within a busy and dynamic business environment. The post is a key part of our hard-working and highly effective team.
- Lead Inverness Chamber of Commerce, its dedicated staff team and Board of Directors while demonstrating organisational values of trust, integrity and commitment
- Provide strategic leadership, while delivering sustained financial and operational performance
- Develop senior stakeholder and political relationships while lobbying on behalf of regional businesses
- Engage with the Scottish Chambers of Commerce and British Chambers of Commerce Networks
- At all times represent the organisation, articulate its strategy and live its values
- Strong leadership capability with excellent self awareness
- Proven track record of operating at a senior level in the private sector
- Strong business development experience
- Recognised ability to lead and manage a diverse team
This is a permanent, full time position with office hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 9:00am – 4:30pm Friday. Given the senior nature of this role and the breadth of stakeholder engagement, substantial additional out of hours working will be required. The associated salary is attractive and commensurate of this leadership position. Inverness Chamber of Commerce offers flexible and hybrid working plus a generous pension and personal health plan.
To apply, please submit your CV and a supporting statement outlining why you believe you are suitable for the role and what qualities/attributes you would bring to the position. Both should be sent in confidence to:
Stewart Nicol, Chief Executive at email@example.com
A full job description is available HERE.
Applications close on Friday 27th January at 5.00pm.