Why the opportunity exists
Inverness Chamber of Commerce is the region’s leading business organisation with a growing and active membership. This is an exciting time for Inverness Chamber of Commerce as we continue to grow our service offering and project delivery for the benefit of our membership and to help in the development of the region’s business community. Inverness Chamber of Commerce exists to connect, support and represent our members and businesses across the Highlands.
Inverness Chamber of Commerce plays a key lobbying and campaigning role, as well as providing a full range of services and events for our members, including our international trade activities which provide technical and export support services. We also host the DYW Inverness & Central Highland Programme aimed at bringing the region’s educational providers and employers together to meet the needs of our young people.
We seek to appoint a Membership Manager, with relevant business experience, to join our busy team. The role reports to the Head of Membership and will play a key part in growing our membership and supporting our member organisations, by delivering value and developing our service offering to them.
What’s on offer and who we seek
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established, growing business, working in a collaborative environment with a close, supportive team. Inverness Chamber of Commerce plays a key role in the Scottish Chamber network and is one of 53 Chambers accredited to British Chambers of Commerce.
We are a relatively small yet dynamic organisation, with an excellent reputation and a long-term strategy with full support and backing of the Board.
The successful candidate will possess excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills, honed within a busy and dynamic business environment. This role is focused on building relationships with our members, delivering an exceptional level of service and support to them, ensuring that membership is delivering value for them and helping them achieve their business objectives. The post is a key part of our hard-working and highly effective team.
- Develop and manage effective, professional relationships with Inverness Chamber members, delivering clear value and support to them.
- Contribute to the growth of membership in line with Inverness Chamber’s business strategy.
- Continuously improve the service offered to members.
- Deliver work outputs to high standards and deadlines.
- Be an excellent team player, ensuring strong relationships are forged within the team, as well as with other Chambers of Commerce.
- Proven track record in business-to-business account management or relationship role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop effective working partnerships.
- Self motivated with a flexible and collaborative approach to working.
- Honest, ‘can-do’ attitude.
This is a permanent, full time position with working hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 9:00am – 4:30pm Friday. The salary for this position is £25,000 per annum. Inverness Chamber of Commerce offers flexible and hybrid working plus a generous pension and personal health plan.
To apply, please email your CV to:
Paula Nicol, Deputy Chief Executive at email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 18th November at 5.00pm.